Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The New Math

Waking up at 6 a.m.

+

My last night in Michigan

+

A quick dinner with mom and brother

+

"Wow, this is a strong drink."

+

"Yes, I'll have another."

+

45 minutes until my flight boards

+

A tall Bud Light

+

"Oh, really, $3 shots?......Um, sure, Tequila, please."

+

The nastiest shot of Cuervo 1800 of my life

+

"15 minutes until my flight boards? Yes, plenty of time for another beer."

+

"5 minutes until my flight boards? Yes, plenty of time for another beer."

+

"Oh shit I gotta catch my plane."

+

"Ladies and Gentleman, we'll be turning off the lights while we taxi and for the duration of the flight."

+

"Hmm, this fuselage looks like a nice place to rest ma head."

+

[Blink blink.....blink blink] "Why is that flight attendant collecting trash already, we just took off?"

+

Realization that we are beginning our descent into DC

+

Realization that I have slept through the entire flight

+

To the person sitting next to me: "Oh, shit. Was I snoring?"

+

"Yes"

=

Me

3 comments:

Sarah said...

your logic of getting another seems to have done you well though...at least you weren't bored on the flight.

Yes, I'll Have Another said...

I know. And I woke up this morning both unhungover and in a good mood. What are the odds?

B said...

at least you caught your flight - I fuckin missed mine because I *had* to drink that beer......