I'll say this, I'm glad I don't live on the West Coast.
It's not because of the raging wildfires, the earthquake potential or the copious amounts of vapid women who infect Southern California. No.
It's because I couldn't possibly imagine waking up at 9 a.m. on a Saturday morning to watch the early football games on the East Coast.
Seriously, my heart goes out to all die-hard football fans living on the West Coast who cheer for teams out East. How does that even work?
I mean, typically I start drinking three or four hours before a big game (well, yea, any game), which means I am up a few hours before I even start drinking. So if I lived in, let's say, L.A. I would need to be up at, oh, 4 a.m. to shower, grab some breakfast and start the tailgating. That doesn't sound fun at all.
Than again, maybe there's other fun things to do out there....
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That was probably the biggest culture shock for friends of mine who moved out here from the east coast (mostly massholes). But for those of us who are native Californians (there are roughly 100 of us left. I am afraid some politician is going to want to start a captive breeding program.) we don't know any better. You can also look at it this way. Wake up about 8am. Shower. Grab something to eat. Start drinking. It's now about 8:45. You start with the 9am games. Switch over right away to the 12:30 game. Take a quick break for lunch before the 4:30 game starts on ESPN. Catch the late Pac-10 game at 7:30pm. With any luck, there is a Hawaii game that starts about 10pm. You can get 15 solid hours of football and drinking and still be in bed by midnight. For lazy old bastards like me, that is awesome! Besides, we get 1 earthquake every 20 years or so. You get those winters every year.
Well certainly you don't come to LA for the scenery, which is ALL smog ALL the time, but there are a FEW non vapid women. I'm friends with most of them. Natch.
@Harry: Dude, wow. I never thought about it that way. Suddenly the West Coast is becoming much more appealing. Yea, you're right, a full day of football, and drinking. Oh my.
@SD: Perhaps you can introduce me? Let me know. ;)
Post a Comment