Of the stupid things I've done in my life the choice I made last Wednesday may rank near the top of the distinguished list.
I called my buddy, Patch, about 4 p.m. and asked what was going on. He told me that I should make the two-hour trek up north to Bay City because he was having a small get together -- beirut and whatnot -- before heading to the bar.
Cool.
Now, nevermind that it was pouring rain out. If you looked at a radar map of Michigan it appeared the state was wearing a partially torn green mitten of varying shades. Snow was expected throughout the night.
Nevermind that I still have yet to replace my glasses that a friend's dog hungrily attacked like they were chicken flavored.
Those two things combined led to a rather interesting drive. Oh sure, when other cars were in front of me it was fine. I squinted as hard as i could and blindly followed the red lights in front of me. With rain splatter soaking my windshield, I could see for only a few feet for a few seconds at a time while the windshield wipers on my sister's car busily scraped away whatever they could.
I almost veered off the road three times. I almost brushed against another car twice. I almost got off on the wrong exit twice.
But I made it. And it was so fucking worth it.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Judging from the hangover you mentioned in your post the next day, I am sure that it was. Plus you know I am sure you had some interesting scenery to look at in the morning, on the drive home.
Post a Comment