Sunday, November 11, 2007

Dear Scott from Yesterday Morning

Dear Scott from Yesterday Morning,

Hey! It's you, a day and a half later. Things are fine here, recovering still from what you're about to do all afternoon, but it's cool. Don't worry about it.

Just wanted to drop you a quick line and give you a few words of advice.

Don't go home with that girl from the bar. Her dog will eat your glasses, completely ruining them and turning them into a prop from a preschool stage production. This will force you to squint your way home and, at some points, even don your shredded glasses so you can close your right eye and look through the one lens that her dog did not feast on.

And, in all honestly, Michigan loses. I know. But, you don't have to even go to the bar if you don't want to since you wanted to see them win. Oh, wait. I forgot who I was talking to. Me.

OK. Good luck.

Sunday Afternoon Me


P.S. Don't do the car bomb. Just don't.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

good work. happy hangover!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, wouldn't it be amazing if we could actually get letters from our next-day-selves?

I'm pretty sure all of mine would included some version of: nicole, seriously, when you are faced with the decision of whether or not to "just have one more drink," maybe, for once, don't.

Yes, I'll Have Another said...

@SD: Thanks. I do what I can, and often end up paying the price the next day.

@Nicole: That would be amazing. It would kind of be like that movie The Lake House, but, you know, funny. And good.

And I think a lot of my letters would look like yours as well.

Anonymous said...

Take 2 aspirins and call me in the morning!

Yes, I'll Have Another said...

@PP: Oh I so wish it were that easy. If it is, I advise you to invest in pharmaceutical companies. I'll buy up the supply.

Thanks for leaving one.

Lauren said...

so...where are you watching these Michigan games?

Yes, I'll Have Another said...

@BadGirl: The Pour House, 300 block of Pennsylvania Ave. on Capitol Hill. Actually, I won't be around this weekend -- back to Ann Arbor, hell yes -- but the people who coordinate the Michigan bar and the people who coordinate the Ohio State bar are having a tailgate at Penn Quarter this Saturday morning. It's $15 all you drink beer, wine and mized drinks. (Wow. Yea. Maybe it's a good thing I'm not gonna be in town.) After the tailgate everyone retreats to their respective bars to watch the game. Let me know if you're interested and I can get you some information.