Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Contacts: Edit: Erase

What do you do when your boy is sweating a woman hard and clearly has lost "hand" in the exchange, even though he once possessed "hand?"

What do you do when he tells you he's disappointed in himself because they haven't texted in a few days and he's not sure what's going on with the woman?

What do you do when he is clearly thrown off his track, when you know this isn't normal for him?

What do you do when he wants to text, wants to call despite your most logical reasons for advising against it?

What do you do when he tells you the story and he isn't sure how he lost "hand" and keeps telling you that he should definitely text her later, if not maybe call?

What do you do when you see in his eye that he can't figure it out, that this woman is running Girl Game on him so hard and, despite losing a few battles, is clearly winning the war?

What do you do when you know he just got out of a relationship and is not looking to enter a new one -- anytime soon -- but is being the fish, rather than the fisher?

This is what you do.

You take his fucking phone, work quickly and methodically at finding her number, and erase the number and contact.

Done. No questions asked.

And then you smile, knowing that while he may be pissed initially, he will smile soon after and thank you for it tomorrow and next week.

That's what.

3 comments:

~Justin said...

Girl game, too, now? Game, game, game.

Gah. How maddening. Why can't people just be real anymore?

Oh, and clearly there's more to the story... based on just what you've written, I would be just astonishingly pissed that you'd erased the number... who knows? Maybe -- just maybe -- it would have worked out in the long run?

I suppose you know him better than me, your loyal reader, though.

Yes, I'll Have Another said...

@Justin: I believe people can be real without divulging too much, without coming on too strong or not strong enough. I think "game" is necessary at first. Clearly, because my friend and I both know that if she weren't all up in his head he wouldn't be interested.

And, no, he wasn't pissed. He was actually happy. Although I am quite certain the sonuvabitch will get her number again somehow. I deleted it simply so she would be the next person to contact him.

Thanks for the comment man, and thanks for reading.

onthevirg said...

He owes you beer. Several actually.