Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The New Monopoly, now with hookers

So, I was playing Monopoly the other night with Cheese, the roommate, and another friend, MissCurly. That game is pretty kick ass and I haven't played in years so it was cool.

The first game I smoked them. I had hotels on ALL the light blues. ALL the oranges. And ALL the Yellows. I also negotiated a deal where I only had to pay 10 percent of the rent when I landed on the greens from MissCurly. Quite helpful when she had four houses on them. Needless to say, I won, if by won I mean, made them forfeit every piece of property they had and then call me Daddy.

At one point MissCurly landed on Marvin Gardens. Uh oh, $1,200 with a hotel please. She didn't have it. She, actually, only had a few fins and some ones. Uh oh, someone's getting a railroad.

Me: "You better get your ass down to Baltic and start turning some tricks."

Which got me to thinking. How fucking awesome would it be if the game were updated into today's society? Instead of "Second prize in a beauty contest," a Chance card would be, oh I don't know, "Proceed to Vermont Avenue. Visit STD Clinic. Forfeit $100."

A Community Chest card? Instead of "Bank Error, Collect $200," it could be, "Win Back Payments of Child Support. Collect $500." Instead of "Go Directly To Jail," it could be "Get Sent to Prison where you are Sodomized and Shanked in the Shower. Pay Hospital $1,000." Instead of "Proceed to St. Charles Place," it could be "Proceed to St. Charles Place and Buy Crack. Give $2,000 to each player." Instead of the Income Tax space you could have the "Bang a Hooker" space. Which, combined with the STD card, would make sense.

Brilliant, eh?

The pieces could be switched up too. Like, perhaps, throw in a shopping cart for the homeless and, maybe, a syringe.

They could also vary the types of housing they have. Like, when you built hotels on the purples and the light blues they were those shhhhhhhhhady beach hotels, whose faded aqua and teal facades all invite good times but when you arrive you find funk-nasty molded carpets in the hallways and stained underwear under the hotel comforter. Shit, why not throw some crack houses in there too? Only for Baltic and Mediterranean though.

See you in a few days, bitches. I'm off to a concert.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Crack houses are so 1999. Meth Labs are so where its at now....

Otherwise I say you go for marketing and producing Monopoly, 2007 Version. What about being sent to rehab instead of jail? I mean, really, only Paris gets locked up...

For some divine beach hotel pics go here: Old Photo Blog

Yes, I'll Have Another said...

Fuck. That's brilliant. Meth labs. I so should have had that one. Maybe next time. Maybe Chutes and Meth Labbers as a game? No?

cheese said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tinadon said...

You totally missed the boat on this one, sorry:
http://web.archive.org/web/20060528112952/http://www.ghettopoly.com/

However, if you truly are ambitious enough, you CAN make your own version to these specifications:
http://www.tdcgames.com/MYO.htm

Tinadon said...

One more time...that didn't seem to print out accurately:

http://web.archive.org/web/
20060528112952/http://
www.ghettopoly.com/

Yes, I'll Have Another said...

Tinadon: Wow, I feel like Doris Kearns Goodwin. Hath I plagiarized? Or is it possible I'm just as brilliant as another guy, but I'm showing up late to the party? (Wouldn't that suck to have all kinds of brilliant ideas that you thought were original but found out someone beat you to it?)...Next time I see you I'll tell you about this idea I have for a small machine that can hold thousands of songs that you can carry around with you wherever you go. Sure, it'll destroy social interaction, but that's not much fun on the Metro anyway.

Unknown said...

Bacon, Late to the party? Never! I think there just might be something there with Celebrity Rehab Monopoly.... Seriously, Lindsay's life resembles a Monopoly game....