It's still weird for me to think about how many other people have my same first and last names. Honestly, it's not that common. If my last name were Smith, or Jones, or Anderson...that would make more sense.
It's not.
One is a firefighter in California. One is a high school football coach in South Dakota. And one, I know for sure, is a student at Boston Architectural College.
A few months back I was at my then-girlfriend's apartment waiting for her to get ready when I logged in to check my e-mail.
I found this one waiting for me:
Hi Scott, you have flyers up around the College offering BAC logo-ed merchandise for sale. Please contact me at your earliest convenience; you should not be selling merchandise with the name or logo of the Boston Architectural College including BAC. We would be pleased to have you work with us, as we plan items for sale, we would love to have your input. Feel free to ring me or to email.
Best,
Janet
Director of Communications and Public Affairs
Boston Architectural College
Well, at least I finally knew what BAC was. I had been getting e-mails for months adressed to me from professors, from ski club organizers and personal corespondence from people at the BAC, and I always just assumed they were junk mail or fraud bullshit. One professor wrote to me how a project "I" had done was not quite up to his vision and wanted me to do it again.
For months I had been just deleting them. Now, I had something else in mind.
Janet,
I'm sorry but you obviously need a lesson in pure, American-grade capitalism. I will continue selling my BAC gear as long as it suits me, and I promise that all my profits will either go toward purchasing beer and/or midget hookers.
Just kidding.
This is not the Scott you are looking for. I promise. I've never even heard of Boston Architectural College. I live in Michigan.
But, hey, can I buy a T shirt???
Thanks,
The Other Scott
I didn't think I would ever hear a response. I thought she would just figure out her mistake, correct it and move on.
Scott,
Right you are, there is an extra h is his [last] name. You will receive a BAC hat, please send me your address.
-Janet
Kick. Ass. Free shit rocks.
A few weeks ago I was able to track down on Facebook the Scott with the same last name as me. I sent him the entire exchange. He thought it was hilarious.
Oh, and I'm I'm still waiting for my hat.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment