Monday, August 13, 2007

3-0

So, sometimes I'm not the greatest guy in the world and I have my share of asshole moments but there comes an occasion when I should set that aside and show a little love.

Princess and I, along with Cheese, have been roommates since I moved out to DC in April.

Since that time I have both admired Princess for the ways she handles the events in her life but also learned from her about, well, a lot of things. She may be one of the strongest people I know and her sense of humor flips me into hysterics pretty much every day.

Princess, I like to think, has become a good friend and she should be getting royalites for all the advice she doles out to me. She has seen more of life than I ever will and there aren't that many people who I know that will give me the right answer when I come to them, not just the answer I want to hear.

She has put up with plenty of my drunken antics in the past five months (coming home when she was stressed out to find the kitchen table being used for beer pong, just for one example) and for that alone she deserves some recognition. And while there is a small part of me that will always resent her for introducing me to "Chocolate Rain" on YouTube she also showed me "Butter Floor," which may be the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.

So, thanks Princess.

And Happy 30th Birthday.

4 comments:

cheese said...

The bar has been set my friend, so I now expect an equal-to-or-greater-than recanting of my excellence for the upcoming celebration of the day of my liberation from some strange woman's uterus.

I mean....I told you about this place. I saved you from the impending doom of Silver Spring. You peed on MY couch!*

*story coming soon, or so scott says

Unknown said...

Cheese: Only the greatest of friends depart to fuckin' Oklahoma on the day you were expelled from that strange uterus.

Bacon: If Princess can turn the big 3-0 gracefully, so can you!

cheese said...

fitting enough, he's actually going to the city in which I was born. Circle of life man, circle of life....

Yes, I'll Have Another said...

Cheese: You'll get yours Thursday bitch.

Megan: Graceful, I cannot even begin to tell you, is exactly the opposite of how I will turn 30. I will be kicking and screaming.

And I made the reservations before I even realized it was his birthday. So, yea, I suck.