Fuck it all.
From my sister: "[Roommate's] friends keep teasing me. I think I'm going to cry."
From my brother: "Only when you hit rock bottom can u really experience change. Here's 2 2008 and a new coach and a new era." ..... then he told me he didn't want to talk about it.
From my dad: "I think I'm gonna puke."
From my friend, an alumni: "I don't want to talk about it, I'm trying to stay positive."
From my other friend, who was there: "It was awful, and I don't want to talk about it."
Also, I was drunk when I found out about the game (I couldn't see it, I was driving back to DC.) As my sobriety gently washed over me the realization of the loss only increased. By the time I was completely sober I was completely fucking depressed, to the point I needed to get drunk again.
And I'm definitely going to get drunk again tonight.
If you are looking for me I will be locked in my room with a case of Miller Lite. The lights will be off and it will be very chilly inside. I will be watching reruns of the 1997 Michigan v. Ohio State game and listening to Bo's speech to the team after the 1989 Rose Bowl.
I will also leave you with this, that on this day has brought me just a little bit of optimism.
Just a little.
"When your team is winning, be ready to be tough, because winning can make you soft. On the other hand, when your team is losing, stick by them. Keep believing."
-- Bo Schembechler
Go Blue.
Yes, still.
Sunday, September 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment