Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Clearly You Weren't A Math Major, Dipshit

I think John Saunders, the ESPN anchor and bloviator, is a douche.

He is constantly and consistently anti-Michigan football. He uses his ESPN pedestal -- particualrly on The Sports Reporters -- to prod my home state's teams and fans who, pretty much, don't have a whole lot going for them.

(I just looked him up on Wikipedia. Get this: He went to Western Michigan! WTF? And he also picked Michigan to play in the title game this year. Then again, he was the one who called Detroit fans "punks" and "sissies" after the Pistons/Pacers brawl at the Palace. Show some love, John. That state educated your multi-million-dollar-a-year ass.)

But now, I feel vindicated. Because now, I know he's a fucking moron.

I was just watching an episode of College Football Live when, toward the end, they answered the "sportsnation" online poll.

The question:

"Which of the following coaches is feeling the most heat to turn the season around?"

The choices:

Lloyd Carr/Michigan
Phil Fulmer/Tennessee
Mike Stoops/Arizona
Tommy Tuberville/Auburn
Charlie Weis/Notre Dame

Now....I completely understand Carr being on the list. Don't get me wrong. It makes sense. But, if I recall, we rolled over Notre Dame like they had just found out their girlfriends were banging the kinda-cute oboe player in the fucking band.

So I wasn't surprised when I saw the results.

But I was surprised when I heard Saunders reading them.

"Llooooyd Carr by faaaar. And I think you have to attribute that to the fact that his team started the season (chuckle) ranked No. 5 in the nation, lost to I-AA team and went 0-2 before blowing out Notre Dame. And they have a tough game coming up as well."

Ummmmm. Wrong, douche.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yea, Charlie Weis was the clear winner.

At least by eight points.

Who's chuckling now, bitch?

2 comments:

Verbal D said...

sigh. apparently that western michigan education paid off.

now we can at least be proud that he didn't go to michigan. hell, you could even modify his wikipedia entry to say something like "after he was rejected by the university of michigan," ....

be as snarky as possible.

Yes, I'll Have Another said...

Brilliant.

I much prefer Mike Tirico. He goes to the same barber I went to when I lived in Ann Arbor. And he fucking rocks.

And I firmly believe Saunders will one day hit the once-impossible douche level of Bret "Michigan Sucks" Musburger. He's in the Hall of Douche.