Thursday, December 13, 2007

Truth in Advertising

There is a personal ad from the List on Craig's making its way around the internets in viral fashion that you may or may not have seen already.

A few women have asked me lately why I am still single. Well, because this parody post is almost 100 percent true. No, not for ALL women, but what fun is a blog if you can't make massive generalizations? Right?

Well, here it is fellas. Enjoy. Oh, and the title? "It's me! Every girl ever."

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/phi/471580402.html
best of craigslist > philadelphia > It's me! Every girl ever.
Originally Posted: Wed, 7 Nov 10:38 EST
It's me! Every girl ever.
Date: 2007-11-07, 10:38AM EST

Knock knock

Oh hi, how's it going? It's me! Every girl ever.

I'm really looking forward to this date. I'm not nearly as attractive as you remember me being because when we met the bar was dark and you were drunk. Come on in.

Let's start off with the unavoidable tour of my incredibly typical post-college-girl apartment.
You'll notice that I went ahead and purchased everything that Ikea and Pier 1 have ever produced. There's my decorative birdcage over there even though I don't have a bird, and there's my gay wicker basket with bamboo poles in it. I don't know what the hell that's thing's all about, but I bought it.


Hey check it out, I have more candles in here than a Roman Catholic Church. Doesn't it smell like Hazelnut!? If I were to light all of my candles at once you could see my apartment from space! I fucking love candles!

Come on into the living room.

Oh, I see you met my cat there. That's "Freddy Paws Jr." Why don't you pet him and act like you like cats even though you hate cats? There you go. Oh, he took a little swing at your eye there huh? Yeah, he'll do that. Hey, let's check out the kitchen.

Hey look at my refrigerator. There are pictures all over it! Look at all these pictures of me and my equally vacuous friends from college! We were so crazy! You can tell we're really good friends because our faces are all pressed up against each other like that.

And check it out, we're holding up alcoholic beverages to the camera in every single picture. That's to prove that we were partying. College was so fun! But of course I don't talk to any of these girls anymore because now they're all bitches.

Let's go back into the hallway!

Hey, before we leave I'm going to go in the bathroom for ten minutes for some mysterious reason. Why don't you sit awkwardly in my big, stupid, round papizan chair over there while you wait for me. It's like you're sitting in a hug! Be right back...

Sorry that took a half an hour, I don't know what the hell I was doing in there. Let's go!
Wow! Thanks for opening my car door for me! I'm totally going to blow that meaningless gesture out of proportion and delude myself into thinking that you're a really good guy because that's what I want to believe.


Well, here we are at the restaurant. No thanks waiter, I don't need to see a menu, just bring me some expensive things. Hey I know, while we wait, I'll tell you all about my unspeakably boring job. I hate my boss. He's a jerk! I might get another job. Maybe something in pharmaceutical sales.

Now let's talk about my family. I love my family. I want you to love my family. I want my family to love you. I want you to make love to my family! I want you to go golfing with my semi-retarded brother Travis. That would be so God damned cute!

Wow! I can't believe I ordered all this food! I have no intention of eating any of it. No thanks waiter, we don't need a box. Just throw it out.

Hey, I've got an idea, let's go to a bar and have an after dinner drink! It'll be great, it will be just like how we're drinking here, only it will be louder and we'll have to stand up. Come on!

See, isn't this better? Oh hey, what a coincidence. Look over there! It's a group of my friends that I knew was going to be here. Let's go over there so that they can judge you!

Hey, I have to go to the bathroom for a half an hour again for some reason. You can stay here and talk to my unbelievably hideous friend Christine! Christine's so ugly she scares kids! Talk to her! She has a job and a family that she wants to talk to you about too. Be right back.

I'm back! Sorry I was gone for three hours, there was a line. I want to go home now.

Well here we are at my door again. This was really fun for me and not you. You should pretend like we're going to do it again sometime! Maybe I'll see you at Target a few months from now and we can avoid eye contact because you never called me. Here, have this awkward goodnight kiss that's as empty as my soul. Good night!

So, to my men readers, what did you think?

9 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

As the self appointed representative of women everywhere, let me just say that I have no candles, only one picture on my fridge, no cats, and I am always ready when a man picks me up. And I take less than 3 minutes to go to the bathroom, and I never reapply lipstick at the table or even in the bathroom.

If you open my car door i lean over and open yours.

I also would never have my friends meet us at a bar to size you up on the first date, that's at least date number 4.

And if you were getting a kiss it would not be empty.

Although maybe if I sound like a woman you might find worth dating, I'm a mythical creature, you know, like a unicorn.

Passionista said...

LOL I would love to write one to truly embody every guy ever.

From the girl guilty of having "Freddy Paws Jr." LOL

cheese said...

Not bad, not bad. Seriously a jaded dude who's been fucked around a few too many times...

la ebria said...

Ha...I'm guilty of the cat. But other than that I'm constantly surprised at how dumb/crazy/weird people can be, guys and girls included.

Good for a laugh as well: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/d6e7281182

Yes, I'll Have Another said...

@SD: It would be tough to make out with a unicorn, as I imagine that fucking horn would constantly get in the way.

@Passion: [taps foot] Ok, waiting for that "guy" posting....let me know.

@Cheese: Jaded or honest, hmmm, I don't know.

@TheDrunk: Yes, but is his name "Freddy Paws Jr.?"

Verbal D said...

you know, i have one candle, and it's smelly because i smoke. I won't let you pick me up at my place, i'll meet you at the restaurant. My refrigerator has no pictures and my furniture is leather and from macy's. I never am late, eat my salad (mostly i ordered a salad because you took me to a steak house and i'm a vegetarian). I am the worlds fastest urinator, and i generally hide my dates from my friends because i have very bad taste in men. And though i love my family, i couldn't stand for them to be disappointed in me, yet again, so no, i don't want you to meet them.

other than that.... right on.

onthevirg said...

Wow. I'm glad that I've never really run into that.

Much.

the frog princess said...

haha, I am so glad my apartment doesn't look like that!

I think that's one reason the Evil Ex Roommate and I didn't get along--that's exactly what she wanted.

I went back to pick some stuff up a week after I moved out and there was a fuzzy red rug in the bathroom and a shower curtain with some Chinese symbol on it.

Ugh.

I do have an evil cat though. But I'm perfectly honest about the fact that she is Satan.

I'm sure there are plenty of "Every Girls" out there. On behalf of my gender, I apologize.

We're not all evil.

Well, not completely anyway...