Someone asked me last night what my New Year's resolutions would be.
The quick answer: none.
I don't know why but I have never grafted on to the whole "change" thing.
Sure, I could resolve to quit smoking like I'm on death row, to quit drinking to the point of blacking out -- particularly around family members -- to quit associating myself with vapid women of loose morals, to focus more on the happiness of others, to dedicate myself to a better cause, a righteous path, to concentrate on making others around me happy and offering them the best qualities I was born with, to become more selfless and less selfish, to stop blowing money on vice and invest in my future, to rededicate myself to treating my body like a temple and start exercising regularly, to remove trans fat from my diet, to stop swearing like a dockworker with Turretts syndrome, to floss everyday and make it twice to the dentist for my six-month checkup, and to spend my free nights reading great works of literature and compelling biographies about key historical figures.
......Nope. I'm good.
Happy New Year, Bitches!
Monday, December 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
yeah, you're impressive. no need to change.
I agree with Sarah. Yep.
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!
New Year's resolutions are highly overrated. No need to make yourself feel bad when three weeks down the line you've given up on your resolutions and you're lying in bed with a vapid woman, while smoking a cigarette and staring at the bulge where your six pack should be. And having the time of your life. :-)
Post a Comment