Monday, December 10, 2007

Monster

So I just got off the phone with my boss and colleagues as part of our weekly conference call.

Things with the company: Not so good. The president was let go over the weekend, making him the fourth full-time employee to leave the company in the past three months. This is not a large company. I am not effectively doing the work of three and a half people while retaining the salary of one. If things continue, I may need to find a new job.

Fuck.

I can't even describe to you how much I hate trying to find a new job. Like, I fucking hate it. I would rather have a constant case of kidney stones and a small bladder than look for a new job. I would rather duct tape my testicles to the muffler of a raging motorcycle and get dragged down the street than look for a new job. I would rather....well, you get it.

All the interviews, the cover letters, the resumes. Plus, the job I've held since April really hasn't given me much experience in anything, except how to bullshit, which, let's face it, I was already pretty good at before.

Also, this isn't the most opportune time to look for a job, with all kinds of businesses going on hibernation over the holidays.

Why can't the good jobs just come to me? Shit, I met my boss at a bar. Now that's a great place for an interview.

Maybe I should just hang out at bars more, no?

Piss.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

sorry to hear this. lame.

:(

TSTuesday said...

I am starting to look for a new job too. Shitty. Good luck to you!

Passionista said...

If that hanging out at a bar thing works, let me know! I'm currently and always looking for new job opps. Good luck!

cheese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cheese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cheese said...

resident resume reviewer....in the house

I will say though that you finding a new job will SERIOUSLY put our house title of "shortest overall commute in the area" in jeopardy

Yes, I'll Have Another said...

@SD: It is lame. For reelz.

@Chard: Race you?

@Passion: If you absolutely need me to go to the bar for you, I guess I will oblige. I guess. If I, you know, have to.


@Cheese: Yea, I know. Between the three of us the average is seven minutes. Not bad.

Anonymous said...

Hanging out in bars is always a good idea. Good luck. I'll be joining you in the ranks of the job hunting in April (hopefully I last that long). These are great times to be in construction.

onthevirg said...

I'm feeling you pain man. I think I'm going to start the process as well since there have been layoffs at our office and the president of the company is resigning and passing the reins to his step-son. This doesn't strike me as a model of long term stability.

B said...

I am equally unenthusiastic about job hunting. I LOATHE the process. Would rather stab my eyes out with a rusty spork.