Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Another Problem With Ted Turner....Douche

It's shortly after midnight on Tuesday and the Colorado Rockies just beat the Padres in the one-game playoff for the National League Wild Card. (And, no, he didn't touch the plate. Ahh well, mark that fucker with an asterisk.)

Anyway, I was watching ESPN after Monday Night Football about 20 minutes ago when they mentioned the game was in extra innings. Fucking cool. I mean, I could give a shit about either team, but I would have watched just to see what happened.

But, as I clicked through the channels I couldn't find it, anywhere.

And then on ESPN they are showing the highlights and.....wait, what's that?

OH. It was on TBS.

What the fuck? Are other playoff games on TBS? And why?

Fuckers.

On a side note: I kind of want to cheer for the Rockies on one condition, that if I do they will change their hideous uniforms at the end of the season. I'm sorry, purple and black look fucking rediculous.

But, that would mean cheering against the Phillies. And, to be honest, I have to claim credit for their little turnaround. When Heather and I went to a game (actually, against the Rockies) on Sept. 13, the Phillies were 6.5 games behind. Ever since that night they lost, like, only two games and clinched their division. It's all about me.

So, since my beloved Tigers didn't quite make it this year, I guess it's the Phillies.

10 comments:

cheese said...

so....just because the game was on TBS you were upset? I mean, just cause its another channel isn't really a cause for anger.

Oh, and Ted Turner?

CAAAAAAAAPTIIIIIIIIIN PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANET!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

It's kind of like me and Michigan...Do I really have to wear the shirt on Saturday?

Yes, I'll Have Another said...

Cheese: Thanks for the Capt. Planet reference. Fucking awesome. And yes, TBS does not deserve playoff games. They broadcast the fucking Braves all year! No Braves, No Playoff games for TBS.

Heather: No, it's fine.

cheese said...

You're slipping buddy. If you're rooting for the Phillies for her, she BETTER wear the Michigan shirt on Saturday....

Yes, I'll Have Another said...

Cheese: If it were any other team except Eastern Michigan I would force the issue. However....maybe it's not such a bad idea. Fucking Appalachian State.

Unknown said...

How about the sweatshirt? That is v. cute too ;)

Yes, I'll Have Another said...

It's the T-shirt that has mystical, magical powers...

Unknown said...

Fine, fine, fine...But I expect you to watch both games Wednesday and Thursday on your favorite channel.

Yes, I'll Have Another said...

Are you sure? They were winning when I wasn't watching them...but if you say so...

cheese said...

just a warning buddy....it looks like TBS will be showing several playoff series this year....