Monday, January 28, 2008

It's about that time...

During the past few months you have allowed me to share some of my stories with you about some of the odd and sometimes hilarious events in my life. While readership didn't exactly soar, I appreciate and delighted in every one of your comments, and I can't thank you enough for taking time from you day to stop in, to read, to take interest and to come back for more.

But it's about that time to shutter the windows, lock the doors, and close it all down.

Honestly, when I started this blog in early August I had no idea how long it would last. Maybe a few posts, maybe one a day, maybe just one. I surprised myself often, particularly in November, with what I was able to conjure up from my past and my present to share with you.

During the past weeks and months, there has been a brief but full evaluation of where I am, who I am and where I want to go. And while sharing stories of drunken antics, random life events and occasional instances of incontinence is always fun in the moment, it clearly doesn't define me as a person, and I started to worry that my blog was defining me, rather then the way it should be.

Also, these posts -- haphazard at best, illegible at worst -- take their toll on my writing, which is a skill I often take pride in. In reviewing some of my earlier work and even some of my later posts, I decided that my talents were indeed slipping, simply for the same reason any athlete sees an erosion of his talent: I wasn't challenged.

So, that's all. Maybe not forever, but maybe.

Thanks to you all.

All my best.

-Scott

11 comments:

cheese said...

BOOOOO!!!

That's all you got?!? I thought you were a greasy Italian TANK goddamnit!!!!

DrunkBrunch said...

No!!!!!!

Way to ruin my day.

Come back soon, I hope!

onthevirg said...

Sorry to see you go dude, enjoyed reading your stuff. Hopefully you decide to come back and regale us all with stories of inappropriateness and hilarity. If not, good luck.

Sarah said...

sad day!

Jumpshootingfool said...

Sorry to see you go, Scott. Enjoyed reading your stuff. Good luck, stay well!

The Smarter Princess said...

No! I refuse to believe it! Please tell me April Fool's came early this year. Right? April Fools? No? Damn.

Chris said...

Was blogging gettting in the way of drinking or vice versa? Ya had some good stories, thanks for sharing

the frog princess said...

:(

Don't be so hard on yourself... you had several good posts that did not involve booze or bodily functions ("Brass Ovaries" comes to mind)... maybe the blog just needs a face-lift?

la ebria said...

Best of luck! I enjoyed reading :)

Passionista said...

I just started reading like a month ago! :( Sad, but if you must...you must.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.